Did you know that the ideal serving temperature for most ‘scoopable’ ice cream is between -14 and -12 degrees Celsius? Here are a few more tips from our ice cream experts to help you get the most out of every delicious spoonful.
1. To maximize the flavour and enhance your overall taste experience, ‘temper’ your ice cream by taking it out of the freezer and let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
2. To avoid “brain freeze” invert your spoon so that the ice cream touches your tongue instead of the roof of your mouth. This technique also delivers flavour directly to your 9,000 taste buds!
3. All your senses contribute to the flavour of your food. For multi-sensory enjoyment, remember to take note of your ice cream’s aroma, colour, and texture.
4. For a perfect scoop every time, wet your scooper with room temperature water. This prevents the ice cream from sticking.
5. Ice cream softens from the outside, so start scooping from the edges of your tub for best results.
6. Store your ice cream at the back of the freezer – never in your freezer door where it will be exposed to large fluctuations in temperature.
7. Like most food, ice cream is best when it is fresh – so don’t let it sit in your freezer for too long. If you’ve got too much to enjoy yourself, share it with your friends and family!
Looking for some creative ways to enjoy your Chapman’s ice cream? Check out our recipes!